Wednesday, June 5, 2019

Do you love your flaws? by @NNP_W_Light




I like flaws and am most comfortable around those who have them. I, myself, am made up entirely of flaws, stitched together with good intentions.

Do you love your flaws or do you do whatever it takes to hide them?

In the age of the "selfie", more and more people are becoming obsessed with their looks. I read an article talking about Insta-Glam. Followers of Instagram are glamming up and using filters to look perfect. This makes me sad and it got me thinking about flaws.

When I was in my teen years, I was obsessed with looking good. I struggled with my weight and did whatever I could to hide it. I wore attractive clothing and switched to contact lenses. Did it make me happy?

Honestly, no. I still didn't feel beautiful because every time I looked in the mirror, I saw flaws. It wasn't until I started loving myself (flaws and all) that I felt beautiful.

"I like flaws and am most comfortable around those who have them. I, myself, am made up entirely of flaws, stitched together with good intentions."

Love your flaws for they are a part of you and they are what makes you beautiful. 

Just like there are no two snowflakes that are the same pattern, we are all unique and equally beautiful.

Let's start a new fad: love ourselves and those around us. Be proud of your flaws. I am!


MRS N

No comments:

Post a Comment

We would love to hear your thoughts, questions and insights.