Monday, July 29, 2019

5 things I learned on vacation @NNP_W_Light


“Sometimes, the most productive thing that you can do is to step outside and do nothing... relax and enjoy nature.” ― Melanie Charlene

I am back from my summer vacation and I feel so relaxed, so rested. When trying to remember all the things I did while on vacation to tell my friends and family, five life lessons popped into my head. I'd like to share them with you.

1. Leave your device at home and unplug. I can't tell you how rejuvenating it was to not have to look at a screen for ten blissful days. My eyes ceased burning and my vision was no longer blurry. My mind floated on a bed of fluffy clouds and the most it had to do was choose what to eat for each meal. Ahhh.

2. Greet everyone with a smile. I walked around and said hello to everyone I met, including the staff. Why? It's a small act of kindness which reaps huge benefits. I am no better than the housekeeping staff yet most people don't agree. Even if you believe you're better than the maid who cleans your room, show some compassion and thank them for a job well done. Trust me, a tiny drop of kindness goes a long way.

3. Go with the flow. No matter what happens on your vacation, don't fly off the handle. Things out of your control happen. For a full day, the cable television stopped working. We calmly contacted the front desk who contacted the cable company. Did we freak out when the tv stopped working? No, we turned on the radio and read the paper. We took an extra whirlpool bath and thoroughly enjoyed each other's company. Go with the flow.

4. Naps are healing therapy. I can't tell you how many naps I took on my vacation but trust me when I say a lot. 😂 Naps are healthy for your mind, body and soul. They allow you to relax and rejuvenate. The stress oozes out of you and you'll feel like a king or queen.

5. Tip generously. Before we left for vacation, we had a co-worker tell us we over tip. I say, there's no such thing. There are people in the hospitality industry who work hard for very little money. We budget tips into our vacation budget so we can over tip. Our generosity not only gives us incredible service and catered attention but we're helping those who work hard to make our vacation the best it can be. If you can't afford to tip generously, you might want to rethink your vacation plans.

I hope you'll take these lessons to heart and use them the next time you take a vacation or travel someplace. Or better yet, use these bits of advice in your everyday life. They apply to anyone at anytime.

Have a life lesson to share? I'd love to hear it.

MRS N

4 comments:

  1. I'm glad you had such a wonderful vacation! Yes, going with the flow is so important.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Lydia! I feel so relaxed and rejuvenated.

      Delete
  2. Delighted to hear you had a fabulous vacation. While I was reading this wonderful post, the page flipped and returned to all my emails. I burst out laughing. Normally, I'd grumble, but I'm finding that laughter feels so much better. And I was back to reading the post within 30 seconds. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're so right, Mary. Laughter feels so much better than grumbling about it. No sense getting angry over little things. Thank you for sharing. Much appreciated.

      Delete

We would love to hear your thoughts, questions and insights.