Wednesday, June 26, 2019

Are you a Golden Rule follower? by @NNP_W_Light



I cannot always count on others to respect my feelings. Even if I respect theirs. Being a good person doesn’t guarantee that others will be good people, too. You only have control over yourself on how you choose to be as a person. As for the others, you can only choose to accept them or walk away. – Pytha

I saw this quote this morning and it got me thinking.  You know that I am a huge supporter of the Golden Rule.  I always try to treat others how I would like to be treated.  But there are some people who, when you are kind, ignore you or are cruel.

Have you had that happen?  

You work with someone who, no matter how nice you are to them, are just plain mean.  It can sap you of strength and make you feel low.

Think of this quote and remember that you can only control yourself.  You can show kindness and accept them for who they are or you can walk away.  Again, this is where the Golden Rule comes in.  Spreading the Light is not about getting the Light in return.  It's unconditional and does not count on the other person to reciprocate.

So, the next time a person scoffs at your kindness or your feelings, smile to yourself.  You are a beautiful person and you're spreading the Light!

MRS N

2 comments:

  1. Big sigh...yes I have had this happen. I won't go into details, but it was horrible. On an epic level. It was a learning process into my current business and for me. It was a struggle but I continued to walk in truth and light and emerged much stronger. It set me on the path of truly helping others, so they can overcome these situations, too. Even as I write this message, I'm smiling.

    This post reminded me of one of my favorite quotes by Eleanor Roosevelt: “No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.”

    I'll continue to smile and spread the light. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hear you, Mary. I can't tell you how many times I've had people tell me to stop being so positive and nice. Can you believe that? I laughed my bum off at that. Being positive and spreading the Light is a part of who I am. Asking me to change is like asking me to stop breathing. Not possible.

      Keep smiling, Mary! 🥰

      Delete

We would love to hear your thoughts, questions and insights.