Tuesday, June 25, 2019

How do you measure success? @NNP_W_Light



"I'm always asked, 'What's the secret to success?' But there are no secrets. Be humble. Be hungry. And always be the hardest worker in the room." ~ Dwayne Johnson

How do you measure success?

It's the final week in June and we're halfway through the year. My thoughts turn to my resolutions/goals for 2019. I grabbed my 2019 goals list and looked over it. Some goals I have met while others are still a work in progress.

I measure success by surpassing goals I set for myself, both personally and professionally. It's not about money, prestige or even happiness. What matters is my hard work paying off and meeting a goal. Let me give you an example.

I set a goal professionally in which I wanted to gain 25 new clients by the end of the year. It's the end of June and to date, I have gained 45 new clients. I'm very proud of that accomplishment. Not only is that a huge feather in my cap, but my hard work is paying off. I'm networking and getting the word out about our author promotions business. I stay humble and so grateful to all my existing clients who helped spread the word. I'm also hungry for more. I told myself this morning, "Let's see how many more we can get in the next six months."

Don't get me wrong, the additional income is wonderful. It's helping to fund our bi-monthly trips to our local farmer's market and butcher shop. It's giving us the ability to lower our personal debt as we inch closer to retirement age. But it's not how I measure success.

So again I ask you, how do you measure success?

The path to success is paved with vision, planning, strategy, failure, replanning, and the process of it all. Take Mr. Johnson's advice and be the hardest working person in the room.

MRS N

No comments:

Post a Comment

We would love to hear your thoughts, questions and insights.