Monday, June 24, 2019

How's your mental toughness? by @NNP_W_Light


“Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don’t so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head.” – Joe Henderson

On a scale of one to ten, how's your mental toughness? 

We were watching the Travellers Championship final round yesterday afternoon and a guy who hasn't won a tourney in ten years was three holes away from winning. His 6 stroke lead narrowed to only two. It didn't look good for him and we were sure he was going to lose. As we watched him concentrate, one of the commentators commented on his mental toughness. He went on to win and I was thrilled for him.

When your back is against the wall and it's only you and your competitors, do you embrace your mental toughness to win?

I really like the imagery this quote evokes. It's not about outrunning your competition but outlasting them. It's about playing your game and defeating your most dreaded enemy: doubt.

Every day I face my inner critic and combat each blow with everything I have. I wear my mental toughness like a forcefield around me. Some days are better than others but no matter how many times I fall down, I brush myself off and keep going.

So again, I ask, how's your mental toughness?

Wrap it around you and use it to battle your opponents and your doubts. Your dreams and goals are waiting for you at the finish line. On your mark, get set, GO!

MRS N


No comments:

Post a Comment

We would love to hear your thoughts, questions and insights.