Wednesday, September 11, 2019

After 18 years, heartbreak remains #NeverForget


Those who served, and those who continue to serve in the Army, Navy, Air Force, Marines, and Coast Guard took an oath to uphold and protect the Constitution against all enemies foreign and domestic, and we can never forget the importance of their commitment to our Nation. ~ Robin Hayes

Today is September 11 and it's the 18th anniversary of the terrorist attack on American soil which cost the lives of almost 3,000 lives.

I pause, reflect and pray for all those brave men, women and children who died as well as those who were left behind to mourn their loss.

Do you remember where you were when the planes hit the World Trade Center twin towers? 

I do. I remember the stark pain and shock. I remember crying for people I never met and will never meet. I remember the rose-tinted glasses I wore were stripped away and how it changed me forever.

I want to thank all those first responders who risked their lives to save anyone caught in the rubble. You are heroes and I'm forever thankful. 

I know there are some idiots who are creating chaos by saying 9/11 never happened. No one is listening to you and the truth will be victorious over the lies you spew.

As you go about your day, take a moment and reflect on how 9/11 changed your life. Send a quick prayer to those who died defending our country on that fateful day and the 18 years afterwards. Send peace and love to those who lost loved ones. Finally, resolve to never let the terrorists win. Be strong and never forget! 

MRS N

No comments:

Post a Comment

We would love to hear your thoughts, questions and insights.