Monday, October 28, 2019

Are you cultivating a merry world?



“If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world.” – J.R.R. Tolkien

Are you cultivating a merry world?

The world is full of greed and those seeking wealth. More times than not, gold does not bring happiness. No, seeking happiness is a decision you must make every single day.

One of our resolutions is to be happy and to not let anything or anyone steal our joy. Over the past few weeks, I've had to release anger and annoyance in order to keep my happiness. And you know what? I've never felt better in my life.

Here's my secret: Every time I run into a circumstance which would annoy me before, I smile and push the negative thoughts in the trash bin. A snarky comment, an unexpected expense, a boss throwing more work than humanly possible, torn pants, yelling kids, broken dishes, are everyday occurrences which used to drive me round the bend but now have no power over me. I simply shrug and continue on with my day.

Take Professor Tolkien's advice and value what matters most: good food, good drink, companionship and music. 

MRS N

No comments:

Post a Comment

We would love to hear your thoughts, questions and insights.