Tuesday, October 22, 2019

Learning how to love is the goal...


Learning how to love is the goal and purpose of spiritual life – not learning how to develop psychic powers, not learning how to bow, chant, do yoga, or even meditate, but learning to love. Love is the truth. Love is the Light. – Lama Surya Bas

No matter what your spiritual belief, spiritual love with a higher being is another example of unconditional love. (If you are an atheist or an agnostic, this inspirational thought may not be for you and I'll see you tomorrow) But for those who have a spiritual love, listen up!

The purpose of being spiritual has nothing to do with learning how to pray, chant, do yoga, meditate, etc. but with learning how to love. All religions/spiritual beliefs teach their followers how to love.  Love your neighbors as yourself. Love is patient and kind. Love God.

Love is Truth and Light.

I love God. My first experience in unconditional love was when I learned how much God loves me. He doesn’t care what I have done in the past or what I look like. He loves me for me! He's been with me through all the bad times and rejoiced with me in all the good times. He has never let me down and I love Him.

I love my neighbors as I love myself (more so on some occasions). Through spiritual love, I learned how to love my fellow human beings. I don't judge anyone and I try to see the good in each person. Nowhere in the Bible does it say to hate those who are different than I am. It says to love.

“Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.” – Matthew 7:12

I follow the Golden Rule and continue to spread the Light! Who's with me? 

MRS N

No comments:

Post a Comment

We would love to hear your thoughts, questions and insights.