Wednesday, December 11, 2019

The most precious holiday gift you can give...



I love spending time with my friends and family. The simplest things in life give me the most pleasure: cooking a good meal, enjoying my friends. -- Cindy Morgan

It's the holidays and everyone is running around trying to find the perfect gift for loved ones. There are Holiday Gift Guides everywhere online and even apps to do it for you. While those are lovely and helpful, they do not show you the best gift.

Time.

Companionship.

These are the best gifts you can give another. I love this quote because it is so true. Spending time with a loved one, no matter what you are doing, is rewarding for both of you. You can't find it in a store... only in your heart.

I'm reminded of the time I used to spend with my grandmother. We would bake all the Christmas cookies for the family and it was one of my favorite times of growing up. It would take place over a few days and I loved it. It was where I learned how to bake, and I loved spending time alone with her.

Another benefit to spending time with her was I got to share with her what was going on in my life. I would share with her the struggles I was facing in school. We would laugh, and it was the best time of my childhood.

This holiday season, please take a little time and spend it with the ones you love. Cook/bake with your kids. Go over to your aunt's house and play cards with her. Go shopping with your neighbor. Sit and watch the world go by with your loved ones. It will be the best time you have ever spent, and you'll be building memories.

Your time and love is the most precious holiday gift you can give.

MRS N

No comments:

Post a Comment

We would love to hear your thoughts, questions and insights.