Thursday, June 20, 2019

Thank someone today! by @NNP_W_Light #gratitude


Yesterday, I was standing in line at the grocery store. There were two local firemen in uniform in front of me, talking quietly. An urge overtook me and before I knew what I was doing, I was tapping one on the shoulder. They both turned my way.

"Excuse me..." I stammered. 

"Yes, ma'am?"

"I just wanted to thank you for your service. You do such an amazing job and we're so grateful."

They exchanged a look of surprise then simply said you're welcome. 

I didn't know what else to say and neither did they so I looked away as they turned back around.

I felt good for thanking them and I think they were shocked a citizen thanked them. 

When was the last time you thanked someone for their service?

Thank your kids' teachers, coaches or babysitters.

Thank a co-worker for their help on a project or just for listening. 

Thank a friend for always being there for you.

Thank a police officer, fireman, emergency service person for keeping you safe. 

Thank a spiritual leader for their guidance.

Thank a soldier and/or veteran for their service to protect our great country.

They probably will have the same reaction the two firemen did to me. It may not seem like a big deal to you but will make someone's day.

How do you thank people for their service? What was their reaction? I'd love to know.

MRS N

No comments:

Post a Comment

We would love to hear your thoughts, questions and insights.