Wednesday, July 17, 2019

Do you follow the Golden Rule? @NNP_W_Light




In the end, nothing we do or say in our lifetime will matter as much as the way we have loved one another. – Daphne Rose Kingman

What's the most important thing we do in our lifetime?

Love one another.

I'm a firm believer in the Golden Rule (treat others like you would like to be treated). I try to spread kindness and love to everyone I know, meet and interact with. I smile at the person who cuts me off in line. I love people who hate me. I encourage those who need it, even without them telling me.

Why do I do this?

I was taught from the time I was small to love everyone, no matter what. It didn't matter if the person I loved reciprocated or deserved my love. I couldn't control anyone but myself.

I've had friends come and go in my life. Even though they aren't in my life anymore, I still love them.

I know what you're thinking...

C'mon MRS N, nobody is that perfect! Don't you get hurt or angry when people leave you or lash out at you?

Sure, I do but that doesn't mean I don't love them. I'm human and I make mistakes. I cry and curse. But when the dust has settled and I meditate/pray about it, love comes pouring out of me. It's who I am as a person, at my core.

What's the most important thing you do in your lifetime?

In the end, nothing we do or say in our lifetime will matter as much as the way we have loved one another.

Mrs. N

No comments:

Post a Comment

We would love to hear your thoughts, questions and insights.