Tuesday, August 13, 2019

Never lose your passion... @NNP_W_Light


Enjoy the journey and try to get better every day. And don't lose the passion and the love for what you do. ~ Nadia Comaneci

Have you lost your passion for what you do? 

Maybe it's time to make a change.

Every since I was a little girl, I had a passion for words, more specifically, writing. I loved putting words together and watching people's reactions. As I grew older, I knew I wanted to be a writer. When it came time to publish, I wrote a paranormal romance. I thought since I loved to read it, this is where my destiny would lead me.

As time went on, it became harder and harder to write in the paranormal romance genre. I tried contemporary but still, it was like pulling taffy. Push, pull, yank, push, pull, yank. Without realizing it, I was yanking my passion for writing out of me.

What am I doing wrong?

I started questioning myself and my passion. Maybe I wasn't cut out for writing. But then, I remembered my inspirational thoughts. I wrote one a day for four years. I enjoyed doing it and my words inspired others. Then it hit me. My passion isn't to write mainstream fiction but to inspire others through my words.

See, my passion didn't change, I changed. Instead of trying to force it, I let it happen. I let my passion guide me. Words flowed out of me faster than I could write them down.

Are you struggling like I was?

Maybe it's time to re-acquaint yourself with your passion. Give it the keys to your life and let it guide you through the journey.

MRS N

No comments:

Post a Comment

We would love to hear your thoughts, questions and insights.