Wednesday, August 21, 2019

When you feel like a zombie... @NNP_W_Light


“And more than that, she just looked… tired. Like she’d battled the world and the world had won.” ― Sara Shepard

I woke up this morning and didn't want to get out of bed. Every muscle in my body ached and the last thing I wanted to do was face the day. But since I didn't have a choice, I stumbled out of bed and walked to the washroom. I looked in the mirror and looked like death warmed over. I was the epitome of the quote above.

What do you do when you're so exhausted, you look and feel like an extra on the show The Walking Dead

I remember a lyric from a song.

"Put one foot in front of the other and soon you'll be walking out the door."

There are some days when it's a battle of wills to just get out of bed. The world has kicked your bum and you're aching all over. You're mentally and physically exhausted, not knowing if you can go on. It's moments like these when you need to summon your inner strength and put one foot in front of the other. You may not feel like doing it but you will feel better after you try.

Another option is to take a Mental Health Day. Both MR N and I are taking Friday off from work and our business. We're going to sleep in, rest, relax, rest and just breathe. We might even take an afternoon nap. We need this time off and I'm counting the hours.

Whenever you're exhausted and feeling low, take time for yourself and do what you need to do to rejuvenate yourself. The zombie within will disappear and you'll be ready to take on whatever comes.

MRS N

1 comment:

  1. Mental Health Days are the best! I learned this from a very wise woman many decades ago that I worked with in the book industry. I had never been told it was "okay" to take time for yourself--to recharge and renew. It was an important bit of knowledge that I've kept AND shared with many. Enjoy your day off, Mr. and Mrs. N.!

    ReplyDelete

We would love to hear your thoughts, questions and insights.