Wednesday, September 4, 2019

Scars are beautiful... by @NNP_W_Light


I think scars are like battle wounds - beautiful, in a way. They show what you've been through and how strong you are for coming out of it. ~ Demi Lovato

Do you love your scars or do you hide them in shame?

I love this quote by Demi Lovato because it brings a new perspective to scars. We all have scars, some visible while others are invisible. Whether we like them or not, they are a part of us.

I saw a friend of mine on Twitter last night and he was talking about his scars. He hates them, wishes they weren't there. He's ashamed because it reminds him of a dark, destructive time in his life. His comments broke my heart a little and I wanted to give him a hug. It also got me thinking of my own scars.

Twenty years ago, I went through a very dark time. I hated my life and I felt so out of control. I put my body through hell and have the scars to prove it. Do I look at them now and cringe? Sure. Do I feel shame? No. They're my battle scars. I was in the pit of despair back then and every time I see my scars, I'm reminded of how far I've come. I'm reminded of the strength I had to not end it all and to deal with the pain, one small step at a time.

Take my advice and love your scars. Your physical, emotional and mental scars are badges of courage and they only add to your beauty. Love them and let them become a part of who you are. 

MRS N

3 comments:

  1. Thank you for the post. It certainly is inspiring and so true. It's not always easy to do, but accepting our scars is important. We can't change the past, we can only come to terms with it and accept that it makes us the person we are today, which is hopefully a good person.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Alex, so glad you liked the post. You are definitely a good person and one I'm proud to call my friend. :)

      Delete
    2. It's good of you to say. It's great that the internet enables us to make friends with people from all over the world, people we wouldn't meet otherwise.

      There are so many wonderful people out there and you are one of them. Endlessly supportive in so many ways and it is really appreciated.

      Delete

We would love to hear your thoughts, questions and insights.