Friday, September 20, 2019

Take this advice from Winnie the Pooh @NNP_W_Light



Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think. -- A. A. Milne

Wisdom comes from the strangest places.  I woke up this morning after having the strangest dream.  I was dreaming that I was walking in this dense forest.  The trees were creaking and making scary noises but I was not afraid.  I looked around but didn't see anyone.

So, I continued on the path in front of me.  I walked a little way when something tugged on my clothing.  I looked down and there was my childhood hero, Winnie the Pooh.  He put his paw in my hand and whispered, "I do not like these woods.  They make strange noises."

I bent down and looked Pooh in the eyes and said, "But Pooh, they are only saying hello."

Pooh furrowed his brow and tapped his paw on his forehead.  After a moment he stopped, smiled and said, "You mean, they are the friendly woods."

I laughed and said, "Yes Pooh, it would be impolite to not answer back."

Pooh nodded and said, "You are so brave and so smart.  We shall answer back."  With a shy look at the trees Pooh said, "H-E-L-L-O!"

I nodded approvingly and waited for the trees to answer back.  A few trees creaked to the left and I smiled.

I straightened up and taking Pooh's paw in my hand, we walked through the forest together.

I woke up shortly after that but the feeling has stuck with me all day.  Bravery, like most things in this world, is something that you either have or you do not.  It is hard to define but those who are brave are easy to spot.

Growing up, I was a normal kid.  I loved to climb trees and ride my bike.  I wouldn't consider myself brave and was in fact, mostly shy.  I would love to climb to the highest branch I could in the tree.  Is that being brave?

When I became an adult, things like bravery and strength didn't seem to matter.  All that mattered was making money and getting ahead in the world.  I remember getting told from the time I was 18 that I needed to get a degree so that I could get a good job and start making loads of money.

I remember meeting the love of my life and moving far away to be with him.  Was that brave?  My friends and family thought so.  According to the Dictionary:

brave:
adjective, brav·er, brav·est, noun, verb, braved, brav·ing.
adjective
1. possessing or exhibiting courage or courageous endurance.
2. making a fine appearance.
3. Archaic. excellent; fine; admirable.
noun
4. a brave person.

When I made the decision to become a writer and to follow my dreams, many people said that I was being so brave.  I didn't see how that was so because all I was doing was following my heart.  But the more I thought about it, the more I realized that I was being brave.

Bravery is the possessing courage and acting courageous.  

What are you doing in your life to be courageous?  

It can be something small or something big.  It's all about following your heart and your dreams. 

MRS N

No comments:

Post a Comment

We would love to hear your thoughts, questions and insights.