Friday, November 15, 2019

I'm thankful for... these 5 drinks



The optimist says the glass is half full. The pessimist says the glass is half empty. The project manager says the glass is twice as big as it needs to be. The realist says the glass contains half the required amount of liquid for it to overflow. – George Carlin

I got an email yesterday asking me if I was a glass half full or half empty kind of person.  I chuckled to myself and said aloud, "I'm a whatever works as long it is mine to drink".

Seriously, as a rule I am a glass half full person.  I tend to see things in a positive way.  No matter what is going on, I try to keep smiling. 

Let's look back at this quote.  I am thankful for the multitude of food and drink I have in my home.  Our pantry and refrigerator are full.  We have everything that we could possibly want or need.

I'm incredibly blessed while so many people in my city/town do not have enough food or drink.  I try to help the best I can by donating to the food bank and support services that help people get fed right here in my own back yard.

Here are 5 drinks that I am thankful for:

-I am thankful that I have clean drinking water pouring out of my faucet.  I do not have to worry about the chemicals killing me or that there will not be enough.  I do not have to walk miles and miles to the town well.

-I am thankful for diet pop/soda.  It is my favorite drink and I can afford to buy it.  It is bubbly and delicious!

-I am thankful for the juice I have every day.  It provides me the nutrients my body needs to operate at a premium level.

-I am thankful for hot chocolate.  There is nothing better in this world to drink than a yummy hot chocolate on a cold day.  It not only makes my tummy happy but the chocolate is delicious.

-I am thankful for the milk I drink every morning.  There was a time when I was lactose intolerant but luckily that has passed.  I love milk and it also provides my body with much needed nutrients.

What drinks are you thankful for?  Coffee?  Tea?  Water?  Pop?  Give thanks when you are drinking today and think about those people who do not have that luxury.


MRS N

No comments:

Post a Comment

We would love to hear your thoughts, questions and insights.