Tuesday, November 12, 2019

Mistakes are not failures... @NNP_W_Light


"To help yourself, you must be yourself. Be the best that you can be. When you make a mistake, learn from it, pick yourself up and move on." ~Dave Pelzer

There's nothing worse than someone pointing out a mistake you made. Feelings range from anger to shame to regret course through your body. How you react to your mistakes is what determines success or failure.

How do you react when you make a mistake?

I spent over seven hours creating our fifth annual Holiday Gift Guide yesterday. I worked my tail off. When it went live, I got an email from a client pointing out an error. I had forgotten to include her listing. My initial reaction was a slew of colorful language. Next came shame. I prayed my mistake didn't cost me her business. Then I gave myself a mental shake, dusted myself off and fixed the issue. I contacted the client offering my sincere apology, asking how I can make it right.

Instead of beating myself up, I accepted it for what it was and took responsibility. I didn't make excuses. I addressed the issue, made it right and moved on. 

We all make mistakes. It is what makes us human. If we were all perfect, wow, what a boring world that would be.

So, the next time you make a mistake, own it and make it right. Don't berate yourself. Instead accept your humanity and move on. 

MRS N

No comments:

Post a Comment

We would love to hear your thoughts, questions and insights.