Wednesday, November 13, 2019

What little things are you thankful for? #grateful



Piglet noticed that even though he had a Very Small Heart, it could hold a rather large amount of Gratitude. – A. A. Milne

Have you ever noticed that there are a lot of wonderfully small things in our world?  

Butterflies, hummingbirds, bees, wildflowers, snowflakes, bubbles, blackberries and more.

As many of you know, I am a huge fan of Winnie the Pooh and the Hundred Acre Wood.  The above quote illustrates little Piglet.  He is Winnie the Pooh's best friend and he is a little one.  He is smaller than the rest of his friends and sometimes he cannot do what they do.  He does, however, have a huge heart and he loves his friends more than anything else in the world.

The more I thought about this quote, the more I realized that we have a little bit of Piglet in each of us.  Even though we are small, we have a huge heart!  Why not give thanks for the little things in our lives today?

What little things are you thankful for?  

I'd love to hear from you in the comments below!!

Here are 5 little things I am thankful for today:

-I am thankful for the heavenly bed I sleep in every night.  I have the most restful sleep in my life on it.

-I am thankful that college basketball is in full swing.  I can see multiple games every week and it is the best way to relax.

-I am thankful for snowflakes softly falling outside my window.  It is an early snowfall and I love this time of the year.

-I am thankful for the bathtub I have in my bathroom.  I can soak my aching body and muscles today and every day.

-I am thankful for the yummy food and drink I eat today.  Not only does it taste wonderful, it is healthy for me and feeds my body with fuel.

We have so many wonderful things to be thankful and on some level, we are living our own version of Hundred Acre Wood.


MRS N

No comments:

Post a Comment

We would love to hear your thoughts, questions and insights.