Thursday, July 11, 2019

Are you content? by @NNP_W_Light



A contented heart is a calm sea in the midst of all storms.

Are you content?

In this day and age, it goes against our nature to be content with what we have and who we are. We must have the latest fashion, houses, cars, careers... the list goes on and on.

I just read the latest trend in houses: two kitchens. One is for show and the other one is for use. I shake my head because I bet the homeowners do not have contentment.

A contented heart is a calm sea in the midst of all storms.

I am content because I have everything I could possibly want:

A roof over my head

Food to eat

A man I love

A career I'm proud of

Friends and family I love

If something happened and I lost it all (home, food, career, friends, family), I would be content living under a bridge with MR N. I'm a simple woman and my soul is filled contentment.

When life throws you a curveball, does your soul become your lifeboat and you float along until the storm passes? Or do you drown in the storm?

Fill your soul with contentment and surround yourself with what really matters. Everything else is just fluff anyway.

MRS N

No comments:

Post a Comment

We would love to hear your thoughts, questions and insights.