Tuesday, September 17, 2019

Pain is your friend so... (@NNP_W_Light)


Positive thinking is a valuable tool that can help you overcome obstacles, deal with pain, and reach new goals. ~ Amy Morin

Do you view pain and suffering as your friend or foe?

A week ago, I hurt my rib muscles. I went into the doctor because the pain became unbearable. He diagnosed I had a grade 3 inter coastal rib strain. The healing time is 7 weeks to 3 months. Oh great.

Yesterday, I woke up in immense pain. The spasm in my rib cage on both front and back on the right side was nonstop. It hurt to move, breathe, work, stand, sit. Nothing helped.

I needed to do the dishes. There was no getting around it. Even in teeth-jarring pain, I had to do it. There wasn't anyone else who could do it. MR N was at work in a meeting. I couldn't ask him to come home just to do the dishes. So, I gritted my teeth and breathed through the pain.

Ladies, imagine trying to do dishes while being in the middle of labor. Every step, bend, twist, was pure agony. I was breathing hard and sweating like crazy. It took all my strength but I did it. I did the dishes.

Later, as I was telling MR N what happened, I felt good about myself. The old me would quit, the pain too much. The new me pushed through the pain to get it accomplished.

Pain is your friend.

No matter what you're going through, push through the pain and suffering. You'll see how much strength you have and how brave you are. Pain helps you become the warrior you're meant to be.

You can do it!

MRS N

No comments:

Post a Comment

We would love to hear your thoughts, questions and insights.